Bella Coola Heli SportsGo Back
Bella Coola Heli Sports
You are invited to sample our pristine, and vast, mountain wilderness. At 2.64 million acres, it’s so vast that it’s 325 bigger than Whistler-Blackcomb and bigger than the Swiss Alps! With over 500 established runs, many of our slopes are still being discovered and named. Towering rugged peaks, dramatic glaciers, gladed trees and powder snow will be your playground. Ski hard all morning and then fly down for lunch to the natural hot springs overlooking Bentinck Arm. Then return to the alpine in the afternoon for more heliskiing and riding.
Bella Coola Heli Sports is dedicated to creating a unique heliskiing experience. Your group will be small and intimate (4 people per group, with 2-3 groups using an A-Star B2). There are no crowds and no line ups………no “scene.” Choose from the most diverse programs; trips for strong intermediates who have never been heliskiing, to Expert Only packages where you may have to repel into a couloir to ski a certain line!
Our snow pack is one of the most stable. This offers up opportunities to heliski steeper, and more aggressive terrain when conditions permit. To top it off, we boast the longest vertical of any helicopter or lift serviced runs in North America.
Explore Bella Coola Heli Sports with Mantis eXtreme
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is situated at the junction of the Atnarko, Talchako and Bella Coola valleys. There is 600 metres of river frontage and stunning views of the aptly named Mt.Stupendous and Mt.Mellikan. It’s an exceptional location and has been a favourite place for local First Nations people to camp and fish for thousands of years. The lodge property is also know as Stuie which means “nice place to rest” in the Nuxalk language.
The main lodge building is the central location for socializing. There is a large living room and dining room with river rock fireplace; a sports bar with billiards table, games and satellite TV; a retail shop; and a guest media room with computer access and fax/telephone service. In addition, there is complimentary WiFi access throughout the lodge, chalets and cabins.
Come nightfall, guests retreat to their own private timber frame chalets and log cabins. There are a total of 11 guest chalets on the property, accommodating between 2-4 people per chalet. Most of the chalets (except for the Hillary and Cougar) are built surrounding a giant central lawn and have excellent views and lots of privacy, guaranteeing a serene setting for your holiday.
- Spa – Large 12 person hot tub and first nations teepee sweat lodge
- Walks & Hikes – Old growth, scenic trails, both around the lodge property and at other points in the Valley
- Mountain Biking – We have a range of mountain bikes that guests may use for free. Recommended ride includes the Tote Road and for a minimal charge, we can organise a shuttle ride to the top of The Hill (the infamous Highway 20)
- Fishing – To increase your chances of catching a fish, we recommend hiring one of our knowledgeable, local guides. Note: we encourage “catch and release” and there is a minimal rental charge for rods and waders.
- Frisbee Golf Course – 18 holes, past the stables and into a beautiful old growth fir forest.
- Slack Line
- Lawn Sports (croquet / bocce / soccer / football / frisbee / volleyball)
- Private Tweedsmuir Park Lodge Bear Viewing Stand – for guests only
- Pond Fishing & casting practice (from dock, especially great for kids. We have kid rods available. There’s small trout in the pond)
- Free Wi-Fi throughout all the chalets and the lodge
- Pool / billiards
- Foosball table
- Table hockey
- Gym – kick & boxing bag, weights & chin bar, stationary bikes, yoga balls & mats
- TV games (Wii)
- Table games – chess, cards & poker, backgammon, Trivia Pursuit
- Movies – big screen TV with surround-sound
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge, the base for Bella Coola Heli Sports, may seem remote…and it is….however it is very easy to get to. In winter guests take a scenic 1 hour flight from Vancouver, flying through the fjords of the CoastRangeMountains to Bella Coola. These flights are included in the package price.
As Bella Coola Heli Sports tenure is so big (larger than the Swiss Alps), guests are able to ski right from the airport to the lodge on Arrival Day…and in reverse on Departure Day! This makes it perfect for people with limited time. For example, a 7 night heli-skiing trip elsewhere maybe allow for 5 ski days whereas guests skiing with Bella Coola Heli Sports can possibly heiski on 8 days (6 full days and 2 half days)!