Clayoquot Wilderness ResortGo Back
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort
Inspired by late 19th century Great Camps, Clayoquot Wilderness Resort promises the perfect pairing of soft adventure and soft beds – a delicious blend of childhood wishes and grown-up dreams.
Situated at the mouth of the Bedwell River, where it spills into a nine-mile-long fjord, an enclave of 20 great white canvas guest tents, massage and treatment tents, dining tents, lounge tents and a massive timber cookhouse peek out shyly from the dense bush. Clayoquot Wilderness Resort offers a discreet paradox of individual pampering, and remote, untamed wilderness.
The resort is open annually from mid May to the end of September only and offers all inclusive adventures of 3, 4 or 7 nights.
Explore Clayoquot Wilderness Resort with Mantis eXtreme
Daily wilderness activities are highly personalized and customized, based on each guest’s experience level, and desires. This means no “signing up” for particular activities in advance and the ability to choose what you want to do each day.
Every evening the Activities Directors will sit with you personally and design your adventures for the next day depending on weather, tidal charts, animal sightings and your willingness to go wild!
As Clayoquot specializes in remote experiences, guests may choose to be taken to a pristine and secluded beach to learn how to surf, have a First Nations guide escort them on a day long hike to the “Wild Side” interpretive trail and Flores Island, take on a mountain fed rushing river in a kayak, or experience a gentler ocean kayak cruise to private inlets and hidden coves.
Horsemanship and riding are signatures of the resort, with a range of talented horses for the beginner to the expert rider. Wildlife viewing is also part of daily life, whether guests go in search of black bears and whales or see the wildlife on the outskirts of camp, kept there by a team of well trained and well loved dogs.
No true safari, eco or otherwise, would be complete without a space assigned to the pursuit of sensory pleasures like reading, games, lounging and select barrel-aged spirits.
The resort has two such lounges – a games tent, and an art tent. The former, a plush turn-of-the-century collection of dark polished woods, beautiful fabrics and burnished leather, where guests lose themselves in the arts of conversation and low-tech competition. Antique furnishings display an impressive collection of antique and contemporary games of chance and skill. The art tent filled with water colours, will captivate the attention of any child, young and old.
A full billiards table with plush sitting area fills the busy games tent. Antique fixtures, a game of 8 ball, and you will believe that you are in a wild west setting!
By design there are no in-room telephones or televisions.
Should you forget a toothbrush, sunscreen, film, batteries, or other personal item, rest assured that the gift shop will have a supply. Packaged post cards, logo wear, hats, First Nations carvings and other items are available for purchase in the retail shop as well.
- Complimentary wireless internet access for personal portables
- Complimentary high-speed internet access via library lounge PC
- Full, portable a/v capability for meetings
- Large meeting tent plus break-away facilities
- Meetings and Retreats services manager.
- Deserving Thyme body and hair products
- A certain number of complimentary massages
- Daily complimentary yoga classes
- Complimentary sauna and hot tub use
- Plush towels stocked at all three sauna and hot tub areas
Food & Beverage
- All meals, drinks, snacks, and alcohol are included
- All Outpost packages are meals-inclusive, see Rates pages for details
- Daily housekeeping and evening turn-down
- Laundry services are available by request
Adventure Gear and Equipment available to you:
- Rain gear – slickers, overalls, boots – for all ages
- Western style riding boots, chaps and helmets for all ages
- Whale watching suits (survival-rated) for all ages
- State-of-the-art fresh and salt water fishing gear and vessels
- Mountain bikes and helmets for all ages
- Adventure gear
- Flotation devices and life jackets for all ages
- Full fleet of power and paddle vessels
- Designated children’s activity area, games, programmes
- Experienced, first-aid-trained wilderness guides
With only 20 luxury guest tents the Resort offers an exclusive and personal environment for all visitors.
Luxury En-Suite Bathroom Tents (12)
White canvas prospector-style tents furnished with a King- sized bed, a Queen-sized day bed, a full luxury en-suite bathroom with in floor heating, flush toilet and a beautiful large indoor/outdoor shower with double showerheads.
En-suite Tents will sleep up to a family of 5 with smaller children sharing with mom and dad or other guardian.
Deluxe Outpost Tents (8)
The “original” Outpost Deluxe guest tents are roomy, great white canvas prospector-style quarters built on discreetly-situated raised wooden platforms. Connected by cedar boardwalks, the tents are hidden under a canopy of the rainforest, along the water’s edge or amongst the hillside trees.
All 8 Deluxe tents offer a choice of one Queen or two Single Adirondak-style beds with lush down duvets.
The Deluxe Family Tents offer 1 Queen-sized bed, and a Queen-sized day bed.
Private Composting Environmental toilets are located just outside of each tent and a private shower in the nearby shower house is dedicated for each Deluxe Tent’s personal use.
Thermostat controlled propane wood stoves, antique dressers and tea tables, opulent rugs, oil lamps, heirloom china and silver accessories, and an abundance of candles complete the offering in both tent styles.
In your tented accommodations you will find:
- Deserving Thyme skin and body care products
- Plush terry cotton robes
- Exercise sandals/slippers
- Plush cotton towels
- Earthenware spring water cooler
- Clothes hangers & luggage rack
- Facial tissue
- Electrical outlets
- Insect repellent
- Air horn (for emergencies)
- Butane lighter (for candles & lamps)
- Flashlight (in case of generator failure)
- Classic books
- Stationery, postcards, resort guide
- Wildlife directory
- Hair Dryers are available for guest use in the shower building areas
Some 30 minutes by boat from Tofino, or 20 miles as the eagle flies, rests a premier eco-safari destination called Clayoquot Wilderness Resort.
1 hour scenic float plane ride from Vancouver