Ultimate Antarctica by MantisGo Back
Ultimate Antarctica by Mantis
Mantis offers you luxury and comfort in the heart of Antarctica. After a five-hour flight across the Southern Ocean, you are transported to our beautifully designed, ecological camp that is set in one of the last great wildernesses on earth.
The team at White Desert offer a range of adventures, tailored to suit the time guests would like to spend on this icy continent.
The guides are genuine polar explorers and our management team have skied over 16,000kms in the Polar Regions. Together we understand how to travel and experience such a pristine environment in both safety and style, and will ensure that you too will thoroughly enjoy experiencing a place that is unlike anything else on this earth.
Summer temperatures are mild and you need only to be in a normal physical condition to join us. What happens once you arrive in Antarctica is entirely up to you. The place is as big as your imagination!
Join us on an unforgettable journey.
Explore Ultimate Antarctica by Mantis
The domed, frameless structures comprise of aerospace composite panels that slot together to have the strength of a normal building yet the mobility of a tent. One of the experts from the company that manufactures the pods flew all the way from Alaska to help the team set up this unique camp.
Six of the seven pods are luxury en-suite bedrooms, each 6.1m in diameter. The interiors include two single beds (converting into one double bed, on request), a wash area, toilet and writing desk. There is also a separate shower tent with a full shower and toilet facilities.
- All accommodation tents are heated and spacious with spectacular views
- The camp is temporary and is dismantled each season to prevent any environmental damage
- The camp is powered exclusively by wind and solar
- Two large, dome tents make up the main living area and are quite unique with a fusion of traditional materials and cutting-edge technology – the main living area includes a dining room, library, kitchen and communications area
- There are a further six heated tents for sleeping in, each one is stylish and cozy and shared by two clients
- The bathroom is located in a separate wash tent with a superb shower
- Delicious fresh food is served three times daily
- Enjoy exclusive access to a 6,000 strong Emperor Penguin colony with their newly-hatched chicks
- Fly into unexplored mountains and allow our world record breaking polar explorers to guide you every step of the way, and summit a mountain no one has ever climbed before!
- Have an outdoor picnic over the 200ft ice cliff by the Mantis’ luxury safari camp with delicious food prepared by our award-winning chef.
- Become the first tourists to fly out to the ice barrier on the edge of Dronning Maud Land and witness thousands of iridescent icebergs
- Partake in a wide variety of daily activities, each of which is tailored to your request
- Enjoy an all-inclusive, luxury tented camp experience
NEW: 3 Day Safari
Flying directly into the interior of Antarctica, you will have two full days to experience this incredible landscape in comfort and safety.
Price per person: 27,000 Euros
Emperors & Mountains
An 8-day experience that takes you into the heart of Antarctica in comfort and style.
Price per person: 42,000 Euros
Emperors & South Pole
This 8-day adventure takes you into the heart of Antarctica to see the Emperor Penguins. Then its to the lowest point on earth – the South Pole!
Price per person: 62,000 Euros
This is the chance to experience the real interior of Antarctica in a single day.
Price per person: 9,800 Euros
Antarctica – Experience a place as big as your imagination…
Cape Town – 5 hr flight